Monday, September 3, 2012

DIY Cedar/Driftwood Sunburst Mirror

I have to admit, I do enjoy these sunburst mirrors.  We've all seen them.  And admired them.  Those with money can actually buy them (<----not me).  Those of us without money can ADMIRE them.....or think up ways to hack the design & make them ourselves for FAR less money.  (Those who can't buy - MAKE!)

I was navigating Thrifty Decor Chick's blog, & stumbled across her own DIY hack of the sunburst mirror.  So, I'm here to say that I didn't come up with the 'how to' on this DIY project, but I am going to make it myself.  Here's the high price version ($349!) on Ballard Design's website:


Here is Thrifty Decor Chick's DIY version:


Now it's time for me to put MY skills to the test.  I should be able to accomplish this look for $10-$20 each.  I will let you know & post my pics!  I can study for my nursing exam this week all while the glue & paint dry!  Stay tuned......

No comments:

Post a Comment